Over the next year, I will interview Master Playwrights from around the world. I will ask for their insights on how they transfer their craft to younger generations. I will capture and share their insights in two important ways: a teaching handbook and a comparative studies book.
The teaching handbook will help aspiring playwrights and teachers who use creativity to empower students to find their voice. It will provide practical exercises and insights from the Master Playwrights.
The comparative studies book is an international comparison of contemporary playwriting pedagogy, written for academics, teachers, and also aspiring playwrights. This is the first in-depth study of its kind.
There is no comparable study on this topic yet. This project will advance the understandingof important teaching techniques that will develop the next generation of playwrights.
The materials I will produce will enable low cost self-study with new information that is normally restricted to Academia or expensive teaching institutions.
Theteaching handbook will give materials for teachers who use creativity to help empower students to find their voice.
- Because you will be helping to keep arts education alive.
- Because this project will make accessible some of the most advanced teaching techniques, including for those who cannot afford to attend expensive educational institutions.
- Because American artists will have the opportunity to access a global perspective, and vice-versa.
- Because educating the next generations of artists, just like other fields, deserves attention.
- Because you will be making possible an important, one-of-a-kind study in a field that needs funding.
What I Need
My fundraising target is $25,000, which pays for my time to produce the books over a one-year period. You can donate as much as you want, even $10 help.
Please, help me make this real!
Other Ways You Can Help
Spread the word!
Make this real!
Watch & share: